Monday, January 28, 2008

Back - and now the real blogging shall begin!

As you may have noticed, I didn't blog too much while I was in New Orleans this time. It was a combination of things, but mostly, once I got behind, I didn't want to take the time catching up - not if it meant missing things while we were there. And it seemed like there was ALWAYS something to do with this group! I have a ton to write, but I decided to just do it in bits retroactively as I process my experience.

The other thing is I decided to really focus on using my flip and documenting a lot of the trip through that medium. I edited some things from the first day and a half and I was thrilled with what I saw. But it also means a huge time investment in the coming weeks as I make a series of short videos with soundtracks, photos, etc. about our experience. I have lots of ideas for themes - Carver Elementary, Mardi Gras Parades, Food!, Having Fun, Sightseeing, Rebulding Together... and it'll be easy to create a soundtrack to it all because New Orleans is amazing when it comes to music. Simply. Amazing.

So, expect a lot of posts now as I begin to reflect. I'll also link to things like this Sheryl Crow video that Trish found. Full of NOLA references:

No comments: